Skip to main content
Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Pages and Files
Apps for Older Students
Apps to meet the Core Standards
Blogs for the iPad
Collaborating with Colleagues
Collaborating with Colleagues Part three
Collaborating with Colleagues Part two
iPad Apps for Back to School
iPad apps for students
K-1st Grade Foundation skills
Occupatioanl Therapy Apps
What's new for 2012
What's new for 2013
Add "All Pages"
iPad apps for students
Ipad Apps for students with special needs
Apps for older students
Please see Apps for older students
Money- the following apps enable students to identify coins, make change, add money and can be leveled based upon ability.
Bills and Coins
Apple in our hour hands
Telling Time HD
Basic Operations: Most of these apps include visual pictures to help students with their basic operations.
Mad Math Lite
Math app- multiplication
Math series- sequencing
Splashmath First Grade
FREE- apps for grades 1-4- comprehensive paid app $9.99
- uses pictures for younger students and words for older students.
Pattern Recognition grades K-2
- excellent for beginning readers.
- recommend the free version- introduces word families through spelling, flashcards and unscramble words.
- based on Dolch spelling words from pre primer-third grade
-another Dolch sight word game
- one of my favorites!! Allows for more than one player- letter sounds, writing and word games!
- includes a library of books with narration and word highlighting
a more difficult pattern search
a fantastic graphic organizer that allows students to include text, pictures, and their own drawings
K-4 practice fluency by reading short, timed stories so students can focus on comprehension rather than decoding.
- best for K-2- includes levels, phonetics, missing letters, word length challenge time
great for non-readers- includes a variety of games- tracing, sing a long to nursery rhymes, sequencing and more
- create your own stories using pictures and your voice
- consists of 5 categories alphabet, numbers, shapes, addition and subtraction with multiple levels
-helps students work on their creative writing- includes scene elements, sketches, genres, and over 500 creative writing promts
good for grades 5-7
Flash card Touch
easy to use create your own cards with a built in on-line dictionary+ access to Quizlet.com
- 5 games Colors, numbers, letters, pictures and figures includes 5 different languages
uses a game format to work on pronouns, nouns, verbs, etc.
Teach Me Kindergarten and First Grade
- class favorite keeps track of 4 students addition, subtraction, sight words, and spelling
learn something new each day with a daily featured movie
-need Internet connection speak and your words will be written.
- tape recorder
write your essay then listen to help you edit
- handwriting recognition
- great notetaking app includes text, audio, handwriting, picture insert, built in web browser
- fantastic syncs with your computer, phone and iPad- remember everything
- NEW notetaking app great filing capability, beautiful handwriting, text, insert pictures and audio
-organize your schedule, share your notes, keep track of all of your classes
-keep different notebooks for every subject, handwriting app, wrist guard protection, wide variety of paper styles
- need to remember something nudge is the answer
- quick easy flashcard program
syncs with myhomeworkapp.com receive homework notifications, time and block schedules
for older students record your lectures while taking notes either handwriting or text
easily imports extensive formats from PDF's to Power Point, has handwriting recognition, audio a great app but also for older students
- a gift to the student who is non-verbal- boardmaker at your finger tips
- a fantastic site with from flashcards to receptive language, to problem solving
- improve higher level abstractions by inferences, use of audio clips to increase auditory processing.
learn to answer abstract questions and create responses on inferences
help to build grammatically correct sentences
Please note there is now a Sentence Builder for eens
helps to work on critical thinking skills
an engaging app that repeats what you say
Model Me Going Places
visual teaching tool to help children navigate challenging locations in the community
Conversation starters about the countless "unwritten social rules" we encounter everyday
make your own social story
iPad 2 only: great for teachers to video students so they can see and discuss their behaviors
See Touch Learn
makes traditional picture cards obsolete- helps teach children new words and concepts and foster self expression
=train your brain, four levels, four sound options
- FREE- great visual pictures recall up to 50 items
- similar to MemBlock but with musical instruments
After Me HD
like Simon but helps to improve memory skills and basic words
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"